Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lessons I Learn As A Young, Mormon Mom 006

As a mother, there's hardly ever anything 'done’ 

You spend most of your days doing, doing, doing, and then sitting down after the whirlwind of the bedtime routing, staring at all there is left to do, with NO ENERGY left to get up and do it.

Cue Self- Doubt and Guilt here.  I can’t get it together, something is wrong with me, I yelled at my kids today, I’m a horrible mother, did I tell my kids I loved them, do they know this? Does my husband?  Oh ya, I’m a wife too… Don’t get me started on that guilt trip.

So being fed up with this nightly routine, I decided it was time to change.  

No more feeling like a failure!  Instead, repeat the mantra, “The more failures, the closer you are to success.”  Someone else said that, I am just not sure who, but that doesn’t matter.  I am a great mom, I am a great wife, and I will be the best me ever!

So I guess I need to accept the fact that nothing as a mother will ever feel ‘done.’ I will always be learning, teaching, growing, cleaning, driving, organizing, singing, playing, laughing, tickling, chasing, loving, reading, dancing, and finding more things to do with all that ’spare’ time I think I have.  

It is time to enjoy the ‘getting it done’ a little less and the ‘doing it’ a little more.  Being a mom is a forever thing.  I need to chillax more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment